Night and Special Support (NSS)
NSS is a specially trained group of T-BART Captains (or specific Crew) who are specially trained and equipped to carry out the missions described under NSS Purpose, below, during either day or night as requested.
- To provide support to an Emergency Response Agency, e.g. Sheriff’s Department, Dive Team, Fire Department, EMS, etc. upon that agency’s request.
- To assist Government Agencies with lake responsibilities upon request (e.g. transport medical or emergency personnel).
- To support a T-BART mission that is or becomes a Night & Special Support (NSS) mission.
- Tellico Lake from Chilhowee Dam downriver on the Little Tennessee River and its tributaries to Fort Loudoun Lock and Dam.
- Fort Loudon Lake upriver from Fort Loudoun Lock and Dam on the Tennessee River to the Loudon County / Knox County line
- Watts Bar Lake downriver below Fort Loudoun Lock and Dam to the Loudon County / Roane County line